Technology leader with over twenty years of industry experience that includes fifteen years managing productive technical teams and full IT operations across diverse industries. Maintains technical skills and project management capabilities, both willing and able to roll up sleeves and contribute to technical projects as necessary. Lifelong learner dedicated to continuous self-improvement through leadership training and staying informed on industry trends.
The Eraser Company is a 100+ year-old manufacturing company building machines used for the wire and cable industries.
● Meet weekly with CEO to discuss corporate priorities and work with COO on budget planning and account accruals.
● Oversee project management across IT, engineering, sales and marketing and manufacturing.
● Manage IT team responsible for development, support, operations, and systems administration.
● Created leadership and development plans, project plans, and set budgets for department managers.
● Decreased licensing costs by consolidating Infor SyteLine ERP/MRP applications to a single SyteLine solution.
● Led several SyteLine upgrades with introduction of custom forms and reports in Crystal Reports and Microsoft SRSS.
● Developed .Net time clock for integration into Syteline for real-time posting of time on jobs decreasing manual input of time by Plant Manager.
● Implemented new plans for network security, off-site backup (with redundant servers), disaster recovery, and virtualization of physical servers.
● Led website relaunch in WordPress with custom PHP, plugins, and an ERP/MRP integrated shopping cart.
● Reduced Google ad spend by implementing SEO to increase organic search results.
● Linked 4 buildings using Fiber connections and Cisco Switches.
● Manage Cisco and Avaya switches for datacenter and 4 buildings.
● Setup and manage Cisco 4400 Wireless Controller and Wireless Access Points.
● Implemented VOIP into existing network using VLANs and tagging.
● Converted payroll system from a legacy flat file system to a new SQL Server and ASP.NET based system.
- Converted data, created new Crystal Reports, and wrote an interface to SyteLine ERP.
● Converted CRM data from legacy platform and integrated into existing infrastructure reducing software licensing costs, downtime and system administration time.
• Created CRM portal for outside Reps to access and update leads.
Vitec Solutions was an IT solutions provider.
● Hired in a hands-on role and quickly promoted to both service clients plus manage 15 field/software engineers and related budget.
● Consulted with clients and implemented network and server installs, data center upgrades, and hardware repair.
● Provide network layout and design using WatchGuard Firewalls and Cisco switches
● Recognized by management for performance above expectations.
Hired into a unique hybrid role based on Atlantic’s needs, with responsibility for all IT, back office activities, and parts department.
● Upgraded system and network infrastructure.
Keith Schmitt, page 2
● Supported IT initiatives and assets for both retail locations and a warehouse including LAN/WAN, Windows desktops, and all new hardware/software implementations and upgrades.
● Developed key policies and aligned technologies for product ordering and scheduling to ensure orders were accurate and delivered on-time.
● Created company’s web database for online customer delivery scheduling system using MS Access.
Recruited from Gateway to develop network service department and service depot in the New York Tri-State area with a focus on network installations, upgrades, and services for small to medium sized businesses.
● Designed, installed, configured, and administered networks and network applications.
● Developed network design and support agreements.
● Created/modified custom web applications in PHP/MYSQL